Monday, December 12, 2011

Chestnuts roasting, and exploding in my face

Did you know that about Chestnuts? I sure didn't, and I'm the chef! I mean, I knew it was possible.. but I didn't think it was so probable! So yes, my first time roasting chestnuts and two exploded and caught fire in my oven, and one in my face. Yikes! Thankfully, my eyes are fine. As for my hair.. well, I'll be picking tiny bits of nuts out of it for a bit.

Tonight is the Christmas party for my work. Lots of great chefs, friends, and co-workers. I'm making a vegan chocolate cranberry tart with a chestnut and pecan crust. I'm always worried when I have to eat the dish I've made with lots of others eating it at the same time. It's unnerving. I hope it's not too sweet. I hope the ganache sets up properly. I hope the crust holds up. I hope there's enough salt. I hope there's not too much salt. Gah!

I need to go check on the ganache again.

No comments:

Post a Comment