Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Vertically Challenged

Sunday night I fell down. Wine + IPA + Heels = a disaster waiting to happen.

It was our Christmas party at the restaurant. Lots and lots of boozin' went down, and then so did I! Thankfully I was outside with two of my girlfriends when I hit the pavement. I would have never lived it down if I'd been outside with my kitchen boys. I'm the only girl chef in the kitchen, so I gotta be tough! :P Anyway, so now I have a very bruised, very painful, and swollen ankle combined with a less painful, but VERY banged up knee. Oi.

As a new year quickly is upon us once again I will make resolutions. I rarely make actual resolutions because my goals are always geared toward being better at what I already do, but this year I have a couple.

#1 - in light of me being a drunken fool the other night, I resolve to not get shit-faced when I go out and drink. I have no intentions of stopping the consumption of alcohol, but I need to put a cap on it at say, 4 drinks. This way, I can still get silly, and still wear heels, and not eat asphalt.

#2 - run outside. I'm a treadmill girl when I do my runs, but it is exponentially more enjoyable outside. The thing is, I'm just kind of shy. I don't want to be on display. It's funny though, because I know better than to be "afraid" of this.. when ever I go outdoors for a run, I never feel as though I'm being watched, or even really looked at. People jog all the time, it's not like I'd be out there doing something that people don't see multiple times in any given day. I need the exercise, and I need Vitamin D from the sun, so it's a win-win. As soon as my ankle is healthy again.

#3 - and then just continue with my other wellness goals. Stick to my diet of mostly lean meat, fruits and veggies. Do my best to stay away from "white" foods and things that are processed. And work out. I definitely want to amp up my cardio this year!

So there you have it. Kellie Resolutions for 2012! Hooray!

My son turns FOUR on Friday. Where has the time gone?! I still see him as my baby. Which is really kind of funny because I remember when my daughter was his age I treated her a lot more like a "kid". Maybe it's because when she was his age, he was a newborn and I needed her to mature a little faster. Aww, that sounds so sad and makes me feel like a rotten mama to say that! But, it is true. Newborns are a tough beast to conquer, and sometimes she had to fill up her own water glass.
So, there's some cake baking in order! I have decided to make him a Rainbow cake for this birthday.

and then I will be decorating it like this, but with a "T".


No comments:

Post a Comment